Founded in 2003 by Omar Lalani and his uncle, Trillium Communities is rooted in family and a deep respect for the elderly. Omar’s goal was to provide seniors with the highest standard of care, improving their quality of life and maintaining their independence and dignity at every age. The standard was set: all Trillium homes had to be centrally located with a warm, welcoming and safe atmosphere and a reputation for giving unparalleled, personalized care. And, without exception, all caregivers and staff must share in Trillium’s approach to resident-centred care, respect, collaboration and choice.
Today, true to its roots, Trillium remains a local, privately-owned business with locations in Victoria, Colwood, Nanaimo, Shawnigan Lake and Abbottsford, serving over 600 seniors in B.C.
Trillium Communities derives passion and purpose by serving the person in care and is committed to improving quality of life. Our holistic, resident centered philosophy is based on several principles which guide us in our daily interactions with people in our care, their families and friends, staff members and all community members collectively. These principles are as follows:
- Recognizing residents as sharing common bio-psychosocial needs
- Caring for residents with compassion and dignity through the continuum of aging
- Ensuring care that focuses on optimum health, self-worth, integrity, self-fulfillment, and human rights
- Ensuring residents are active participants in decisions affecting their lifestyle
- Inviting family, friends, volunteers and the community-at-large to play an active role in the lives of our homes
- Providing ongoing training in restorative care to our staff
- Maintaining an active liaison with partner health care providers and organizations
We provide caring, respectful, and safe environments, supporting each person to achieve their optimal level of personal and functional abilities through sustainable and accountable practices. We pursue meaningful work to enhance the quality of life for those we serve, recognizing each resident’s right for independence, dignity, and acceptance. We endure to:
- Support seniors through the continuum of aging with love, laughter, and compassion
- Treat residents, families, and each other with respect
- Value individuality and ensure residents are able to exercise the opportunity to self-direct their care
- Be guided in our actions by best practice models
- Provide a comprehensive range of services and holistic care with daily therapeutic programs and interesting recreation and social activities either with others or independently in the privacy of their own suite
- Provide opportunities for individuals, wherever possible, with accessing community services and programs
- Accommodate changing needs and diversity of care and therapeutic requirements by adjusting buildings, programs, and services to meet needs
Trillium Communities values the individual and their right to self-direct care whenever possible. We provide a warm, caring home-like environment for people in our care. This environment is home for each resident, and we strive to maintain each resident’s independence and maximize their abilities while promoting their happiness and health. Our assistance and services are always provided in a dignified and respectful manner and we strive to exemplify trust, accountability, gratitude, and appreciation in all our interactions. Families are welcomed and encourage to participate in the life of our homes.